Another dish that we enjoyed when we used to go to Bangkok a lot in the 90s. This one was from a cafe called Chicken Divine. We used to go there for breakfast and one of the easiest dish to order (for us) is this noodle dish. It comes in either beef or chicken.
- 1 package wide rice noodles or pad thai noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 cup beef sliced thinly in 2 inch pieces
- 1 bunch gai lan (chinese broccoli) or kale, cut in pieces
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 tbls soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbs sugar
- 3 pieces thai chilis, chopped
- fish sauce, dash
- Soak noodles in water for 2 hours until soft. Drain.
- Heat wok or pan. Stir fry garlic, onion for 2 minutes. Add beef and sautee until cooked.
- Add drained noodles and stir fry for 5 minutes. Keep stirring so noodles do not stick in the pan.
- Add water, chilis, soy sauce and sugar. Continue stirring and add fish sauce if desired.
- Add gai lan, stir and remove from heat. Serve warm.