1 package active dry yeast
1 tbs white sugar
1 cup warm water
1 cup half and half fat free
2 tsp salt
2 tbs butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, chives and basil leaves
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups wholewheat flour
1 cups wheat bran
1 egg white
2 tablespoons water
1. In mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 cup warm water. Let stand until foamy.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together milk, eggs, salt, butter, herbs. Pour into yeast mixtue and 4 cups flour. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough has pulled together.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and put in a warm place to rise until doubled.
4. Grease two 9×13 inch baking pans. Punch dough, and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball and place into the prepared pans. Cover
the rolls with a warm, damp cloth, and let rise until doubled.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small bowl, lightly
beat the egg white with 2 tablespoons of water; brush egg wash over
tops of rolls.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.