1 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
2 teaspons baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup ripe bananas mashed
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup soy milk
1/3 cup applesauce unsweetened
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg. Add milk, apple sauce and vanilla. Mix in mashed banana and walnuts and stir until combined well.
- Pour batter into muffin pans up to 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Let cool in cooling rack.
- This has just the right sweetness (from bananas) for us without sugar. However, you can add 1/4 cup sugar substitute like Splenda or regular sugar if you want it sweeter.
- This also freezes well. Just wrap in ziploc bags and place in freezer. You can microwave quickly (30 seconds) to thaw and warm in oven.