Whether it’s at their house or at one of our parties, our dear friend Bruce Barr (who just turned 87 last Aug 31) always served this wonderful green salad. It took me a long time to get the recipe from him (more like from his wife Thalia). I hope nobody tells him I am sharing it with everybody.
- 1 package salad greens
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup blue cheese
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 bottle Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup half and half (this was orginally cream but I substituted half and half)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
1. Mix dressing ingredients in a jar and shake. Set aside.
2. Arrange salad greens in bowl or individual plates. Place sliced avocados and tomatoes on top. Add blue cheese. Drizzle or spoon dressing over greens. Serve.
Add salt and pepper if desired.