- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Splenda or 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups wholewheat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins or chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In mixing bowl cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla until blended.
- Add dry ingredients, with coconut last.
- Mix until moist. Drop on greased cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven immediately and cool on wire rack.