A few months ago, our local grocery store in Tahoe (Safeway) had a sale on Lime Salsa Crusted Tilapia that was already cooked. This is my attempt to replicate it. I used some left over DORITOS Nacho cheese flavor instead of corn tortillas.
6 corn tortillas (substituted 1 cup crushed Doritos)
1/4 cup fresh coriander
jalapeno chilis (used labuyo or thai chilis instead–about 3 pcs)
1 tsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
1. Crush tortillas or doritos into crumbs. I used my food processor but you can put it in a plastic bag and pound with a heavy object until it resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Mix in minced coriander and chilis. You can add salt and pepper but since I was using cheese flavored doritos, I skipped this part. Set aside in a plate.
3. Beat egg in a shallow dish.
4. Dip tilapia fillet in egg, then in crumbs, pressing to make sure crumbs stick to the fish.
5. Bake until fish flakes (about 15 minutes in 375 degree oven, depending on thickness of fish).
I served it with sauteed cabbage ala Ina Garten. I just melted 1 tbs butter in a pan and then added 2 cups of shredded cabbage. Season with salt and pepper.