- 3 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Splenda
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini and yellow squash (either one or a comibnation of both)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add applesauce and Splenda. Mix in zucchini and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts. Stir into the egg mixture.
- Divide batter and pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until done.
You can also add a walnut crumble crust on top of the bread to give it a little crunch.
Mix 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup soy flour, 1 cup chopped walnuts and 2 tbs softened butter or margarine. Divide and sprinkle on top of batter then bake.
- Makes 2 loaves
- Gluten flour or vital wheat gluten flour is wheat flour with bran and starch removed. It is much lower in carbohydrates and higher in protein. It is also a lot more expensive than regular flour and is usually added with other whole grain flour.