My grandmother used to make this all the time and I just love the taste of tofu mixed with coriander.
- 500 grams pork, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 box extra firm tofu
- 1 tbs ginger sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 small can of black beans (about 4 oz)
- Drain tofu. Slice into 1 inch thick by 2 inches slices.
- Heat oil in pan and brown tofu on all sides. Let cool and then slice into bite size pieces. Set aside
- In the same oil, add pork and stir fry until brown. Add garlic, ginger and onions. Sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add black beans. Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add fried tofu pieces. Stir. Add chopped coriander and remove from heat.
- Serve over white rice or on its own.
The canned black beans are very salty so adding salt and pepper to taste will be up to you. I suggest you add the water from the black beans and add seasoning if still required.