This recipe originally required one egg but I ran out of eggs so I substituted it with 1/4 cup of vanilla yogurt. The applesauce can also be substituted with 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute such as Splenda ( or 3/4 cup sugar)
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) purple yam and black soybean powder (found in Asian stores)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Combine flour, sugar substitute, salt and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix yogurt, applesauce, soymilk and yam soybean powder.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix. Don’t overmix. Batter should be lumpy.
- Prepare muffin pans and pour batter into pans until almost full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.