This may not be the same as the quikiam I remember back home when I was younger but it is similar to the one we purchase at 99 Ranch store in San Diego. This is made from ground chicken instead of ground pork. And a tad spicier with the addition of crushed chillies. Yum! Take a look at the bean curd sheets I got. I pulled them out of the plastic bag and thought they were already cut. Wait…they’re bigger!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 8 stems spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. 5 spice powder
- 1/4 cup crushed red chilis
- bean curd sheets (available at the freezer section of oriental stores) or taupe wrapper
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Cut bean curd skins into rectangles .
- Scoop 1/4 cup then wrap mixed ingredients in bean curd skins.
- Fry until golden brown.
I got about 10 rolls from this recipe, each around 8 inches long. You can reduce the amount of chilis or even not include it. It still tastes great. You can dip it in sweet and sour sauce (or chili sauce) or even ketchup.
I will be trying the fish version next time.