I love the dacquoise element of the Daring Bakers December challenge so much I made more to use up the leftover purple yam mousse. I made smaller rounds this time (I really need to practice on my piping). Here is the recipe for the purple yam mousse :
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 oz. water
- ube or purple yam puree (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Sprinkle gelatin in a cup filled with 4 oz of water and let stand to soften. Place cup in a bigger bowl filled with very hot water, enough to come halfway up the side of the cup. Stir gelatin frequently until granules dissolve and becomes clear. Leave in hot water to keep warm until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl combine purple yam or ube puree and gelatin, whisking until well blended.
- In a mixing bowl, beat heavy cream and confectioner’s sugar until it forms soft peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the ube puree/gelatin mix carefully. Then, gently fold into the remaining cream. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 1 4.06 oz packet of purple yam powder
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup artificial sweetener such as Splenda or 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbs butter or margarine
Mix all the ingredient in medium heat, stirring until desired consistency is reached. Cool.