- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal (you can grind 1 1/2 cups of almonds)
- 3 sticks butter (1 1/2 cups), softened
- 2 tbs grated orange peel
- 1 tbs orange juice or 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup and it was still ok)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- almonds for garnish
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and almond meal/flour.
- In separate bowl, cream butter, sugar, almond extracts, orange extract (or juice) and egg.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press one almond on top. The cookies will expand so place only a few so as not to crowd them when baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.