The Roponggi restaurant in La Jolla California has a dish in their Asian Tapas menu called Mongolian Shredded Duck Quesadilla. It has a wonderful Asian taste higlighted by the coriander and cheese. This recipe is my mock version of it using cooked chicken instead of duck. We often make this dish after Thanksgiving and use leftover turkey. It is a great snack and even light dinner paired with green salad or cut up fruits.
- 1/4 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 1tsp oil
- 2 pcs wholewheat tortilla medium or large size
- Heat oil in pan. Saute onion until soft. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, crushed pepper and chicken. Stir. Add enough water so chicken is not so dry but a little wet and saucy.
- In a separate pan, heat tortilas quickly on each side. Remove and place on a plate.
- On one tortilla, spread sauteed chicken. Add cheese and top with chopped coriander. Cover with the other tortilla (like a sandwich).
- Put back on medium hot pan and heat for 5 minutes, pressing on top so cheese fuses the two tortillas while melting. Flip and heat the other side.
- Remove and cut into quarters. Serve warm.