The first time our friend Colleen came to one of our parties, she brought this dish. It was heavenly! Even my husband liked it, not knowing that it has chicken white meat (he only eats dark meat). She originally used mayonnaise which is something I seldom have in my refrigerator. I revised the recipe and used sour cream but it didn’t have the same taste. So I went back to mayonnaise using Smart Balance, added jalapeno peppers and some sliced olives and voila! This is a great dip with just romaine hearts lettuce if you are watching your carbs. But I like it with bread…or even without!
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise Smart Balance
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, cut into bite size pieces (can use a 12 oz can of artichoke hearts)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 small can (4 oz) sliced jalapeno or 1/4 cup sliced jalapeno (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken and artichokes in a bowl. Add mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese and jalapeno peppers. Mix carefully until chicken and artichokes are covered with the mayo. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a baking dish. Add sliced olives on top. Sprinkle the rest of the parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 50 minutes (yes, that long!) or until cheese is golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.