Using the same ingredients from my Royal Foodie Joust entry for March, I came up with a great meal perfect for wintry days! I used lamb breast (remove most of the fat!) and rubbed it with a lavender-garlic rub/marinade. Then I made lavender risotto and served it with the pear and gorgonzola salad.
- 2 lbs lamb breast (or lamb chops)
- 2 tsp dried lavender buds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallots
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- salt and pepper
- Ground or mash garlic, lavender and shallots (using a mortar and pestle works well) .
- In a bowl, mix mashed spices and orange juice. Stir.
- Season lamb riblets with salt and pepper. Use half of the marinade and rub all over the ribs. Let sit for at least one hour.
- Grill or broil in your broiler, five minutes on each side on high to sear and then about 2o minutes to cook medium.
- Pour Orange-Lavender Vinaigrette and serve with lavender risotto.