Another recipe adapted from the current Eating Well magazine. The original recipe used pork and had garlic powder and black pepper as seasoning. This recipe used cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper and tilapia fillets. It is also oven fried (which was great!) and stayed crunchy and firm all the way to dinner time ( I made it for lunch.)
- 200 grams tilapia fillets, cut in small pieces (bite size or serving size)
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425F. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Mix breadcrumbs, crushed almond, cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper in a shallow dish. Place beaten egg in another shallow dish.
- Dip tilapia pieces in egg then coat with almond mixture. Place on wire rack and spray both sides with cooking spray. (Discard any leftover egg and almond mixture.)
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 18 – 20 minutes. Serve with sweet and sour sauce or ketchup.