A great way to use up asparagus (especially if they are starting to get brown !). This recipe was adapted from my No Crust Salmon Quiche recipe. This time, I used Asiago cheese and did away with the flour. A truly flourless quiche! You can also add other herbs like basil, chives or scallions.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup crabmeat (I used fake crabmeat)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tbs chopped dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ground pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Heat olive oil in medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper until soft. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes (until asparagus is darker green). Add crabmeat and olives. Stir, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add cheese and mix thoroughly. Add asparagus mix, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture on quiche pan. Sprinkle dill on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until egg has set. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.