A quick and easy salad to make for the summer (or any season). Goes great with gravlax, grilled food and just about anything. The dill gives it a Scandinavian flavor.
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 1 tbs salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- ground pepper
- fresh dill, 2 stems or the equivalent of 1tbs chopped
- Place sliced cucumbers in a strainer over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and let sit and drain for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix vinegar, mirin, sugar. Season to taste.
- Add drained cucumbers and dill. Mix and top with ground pepper.
Although the cucumbers do not stay crunchy, this salad stays great even the day after when the flavor of the dill has infused into the cucumbers.