The main dish served at my Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 Cooking with Edible Flowers, this dish was inspired by the Daring Bakers’ March Challenge. I used homemade Nasturtium Ravioli with crabmeat filling. Olives, mozarella cheese, artichokes, tomatoes, shredded basil leaves completes this antipasto salad mixed in Lavender Honey Dressing.
- 10 – 15 pieces Nasturtium Ravioli with Crabmeat Filling (recipe below)
- 1 cup olives, green or black or combination of both
- 1/2 cup preserved artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 – 6 pieces fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 cup diced mozarella cheese
- 1/2 cup dices salami
- 1/4 cup Lavender Honey Dressing or Italian Salad Dressing
- fresh Nasturtium flowers for garnish
Combine all ingredients with the dressing in a bowl. Mix to coat. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish iwth fesh nasturtium flowers.
Nasturtium Ravioli with Crabmeat Filling
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small squash zucchini, diced in small pieces
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup crabmeat (real or fake)
- 1 tsp herb de provence or any mixed dried herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- egg wash, 1 egg mixed with 1 tbs water
- rice flour for dusting
- Prepare filling. Heat olive oil in sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add squash zucchini and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain all liquid. Add crabmeat and mix. Season to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Roll out nasturtium ravioli dough to desired thickness and cut into two even sheets. Lightly brush with egg wash the bottom sheet and then place filling 2 1/2 inches apart. Cover filling with the remaining sheet of pasta and cut into equal squares. Use your fingers to press edges together (removing any air pockets) and place on rice flour dusted cookie sheet. Sprinkle rice flour on ravioli.
- To cook, place ravioli on boiling salted water and cook for 2 -3 minutes then drain. Raviolis are cooked when they starting floating up to the surface of boiling water.