One of the dessert dishes I served in my Foodbuzz 24,24,24 Cooking with Edible Flowers party is this fruit salad scented with rose water. This recipe was adapted from the book The New Book of Middle Eastern Food by Claudia Roden. You can use any seasonal fruits available.
- peeled and cut up pieces of any variety of fruits such as melon, mango, bananas, oranges, apples, berries, grapes, etc
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 – 6 tbs of sugar
- 1-2 tbs rose water (can be found in middle eastern stores or gourmet section of your grocery store)
- Combine all fruits in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with mixture of sugar, lemon juice and rose water.
- Leave to macerate for at least an hour before serving, turning over the fruits a few times. The sugar will draw out the juices to form a fragrant rose syrup.
- Garnish with fresh rose petals.