Here is the recipe for mini lavender madeleines that was served in my Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 Cooking with Edible Flowers party. This was adapted from Recipe#95009 at www.Recipezaar.com
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Using a food processor, process sugar and lavender flowers until finely ground.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl and using a wire whisk, mix eggs, lavender sugar mixture and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually whisk in melted butter.
- Using a rubber spatula gently fold in flour. Generously spray Madeleine pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon a half teaspoon of batter into each mini madeleine mold, leave the batter mounded in the center. (Put 1 tbs if using regular sized madeleine molds.) This will result in the typical”humped” appearance of the Madeleine.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan and allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.