No-crust quiches are a breeze to make. And they are excellent in using up leftovers from your refrigerator! Of course you can also make this mini-quiche with crust using store bought pastry crust and using a regular quiche pan, but for my friends who are in the low-carb lifestyle, they love that they can whip this up easily, pop it in the oven and have a nice snack, breakfast or light dinner. I used a few spears of asparagus, onions and mushrooms mixed with eggs and cheese. It took only 20 minutes to bake in the oven and made 24 mini quiche.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheese
- 5 spears asparagus, chopped small
- 1/c cup chopped onion, pan-browned
- 1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 2 mini muffin pans (12 each) by spraying with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Divide mixture into the 24 pans. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until muffins are lightly brown.
- Cool in pan for 3 minutes before removing and cooling in wire rack.
This can be easily frozen and microwaved when needed.