Lasang Pinoy Sundays: MELTed bliss

moltenlava1

This week’s theme is: MELTed bliss. And here is one of mine.  CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE or Molten Lava Cake. Since the time I first tasted this at  a Chili’s restaurant, I have always wanted to make it at home.  But I know I wouldn’t be satisfied with one small serving so I try not to make it as often.  Then, of course, Betty Crocker came up with their low calorie microwaveable serving size and that just made it easier to enjoy this sinful dessert.  Well.. here’s how I make it at home. With 70% cocoa bar, a couple of eggs, flour and baked for 10 minutes to get the gooey center.

CHOCOLATE MOLTEN LAVA CAKE

• 6 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate (or use your favorite 70% dark chocolate bar)
  • 6 oz. butter, cut into smaller pieces and softened at room temperature (approx 1 1/2 sticks of butter)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup Flour
  • butter for ramekins

lavacake2

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Heat chocolate on low flame in a double boiler until melted.
  3. Add  butter and stir until combined.
  4. In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar.  Add melted chocolate and continue beating. Add the flour and stir.
  5. Butter 4 individual ramekins and pour in chocolate batter.
  6. Bake for about 10 minutes.
  7. Tip ramekins upside down onto dessert plates and serve.

lavacake3

lpsbutton1

Notes: Butter the bottom of the ramekin first, and then butter the sides, wiping fromthe bottom up to the top. It helps the chocolate to rise even more. If you don’t like a gooey, melted center , just cook for a little longer and you will have an incredibly moist chocolate cake.

Oh..and I do have another blissfully sinful dish.  A crabmelt sandwich that is so easy to make. Perfect for lunch, dinner or even breakfast. Click on the photo for the recipe.

crabmelt

» Elyse said: { Apr 4, 2009 - 04:04 }

These chocolate lava cakes look totally delicious. Melt in your mouth good. Man, oh man. These could be way dangerous for me to have around my kitchen, yet I’m totally craving them right now. I think I may give in and make some molten lava cakes! Great pictures!

» jenn said: { Apr 4, 2009 - 04:04 }

Wow!!! That looks to decadent. A chocoholic like myself should not have looked at this picture. It’s too tempting especially with the choco oozing from the side.

That crabmelt sandwich looks delish as well.

» Gmirage said: { Apr 4, 2009 - 04:04 }

Sinful goodness! Now I’m craving to make some…haha maybe tomorrow I will, I need to sleep and forget the urge to eat :)

» Pinky said: { Apr 4, 2009 - 05:04 }

Yup, Chili’s also got me hooked with this scrumptious choco-riffic dessert – yummy! Now I even have a recipe! Thanks so much for sharing!

And that crabmelt sandwich… just delish! :D

My LaPiS entry’s up too at: http://tkkt.wordpress.com/2009/04/04/lapis-melted-bliss/

» julie said: { Apr 4, 2009 - 07:04 }

This is torture at 8am :D

Lovely yummy food photos :)

Happy Sunday!

» Christine said: { Apr 4, 2009 - 11:04 }

Love these chocolate lava cakes to death. I’ve eaten three times, hooked by its delicious taste.

» miriam said: { Apr 5, 2009 - 07:04 }

tingin ko ang molten lava cake mo ay pareho sa chocolate loaf cake ko. parehong pareho ang pagka describe mo – mine was gooey and very moist too. sarap ano?

» Jay - Agent112778 said: { Apr 5, 2009 - 10:04 }

eto ang gusto kong ma try

my entry is here

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
Salamat sa pagbisita :)

» JMom said: { Apr 5, 2009 - 10:04 }

Oh my, this looks like a meal I can totally go for. First the crab melt, then the lava cake for dessert. Heaven! :D

» Tita Beng said: { Apr 5, 2009 - 12:04 }

Parusa na ito! I wanna have some of those Molten Lava Cake, right now! he he.. Where do you think can I find such yummy cake as that one you baked? Am not in the mood to bake. Just in the mood to eat. (LOL)

» ces said: { Apr 5, 2009 - 01:04 }

i’ve done this before but flourless…i’m trying your recipe soon:) yum! love molten cake esp. while it’s warm!:)

» Tangled Noodle said: { Apr 5, 2009 - 03:04 }

Nothing better than ooey, gooey, chocolate cake!

» Jescel said: { Apr 6, 2009 - 12:04 }

that molten lava cake looks soooo sinful! :o ) and that crabmelt looks delish. I’d love to sample them both!

Got an entry too so hope you check it out! :o )

» Zriz said: { Apr 6, 2009 - 12:04 }

Your lava cake looks more gooey than mine did! hehehehe Definitely sinful and one that I wouldn’t mine eating everyday! LOL

» Manang said: { Apr 10, 2009 - 08:04 }

Who will not be enticed by the sight of melted chocolate oozing out of a mound of chocolate cake? Lava cakes are also a favorite in my family. We had been using a recipe I got from kraft’s food & family mag, which had steps easy enough for my stepdaughter to follow because all she needed was the microwave, a bowl and a whisk, then the prepared cups (and she had made these twice already after I made my first and second attempts, the second using a recipe from Spice Islands, with inclusion of red wine).

» virtual chef said: { Apr 11, 2009 - 11:04 }

manang: i have to check your recipe from kraft. i wish i had done that when my granddaughter was here (they just left) so she could have made the lava cake. she is a chocoholic even at 12! wow, red wine! i must check that out.

» Cooking Rookie said: { Apr 5, 2011 - 09:04 }

I just made a lava cake following your recipe. YUMMMM… Thanks so much :-) .