My chocolate cravings have really been crazy the last couple of days. I already ate a bag of sugarfree hersheys and I still find myself raiding my pantry at night for more! My husband got some chocolate cookies for me from the grocery store last night then asked me why I don’t make them myself. Yes, why ever not? So here I am playing with my favorite low carb almond cookie recipe . I just added 1/4 cup of unsweetened baking chocolate powder and replaced the Splenda with 1/4 cup agave nectar. Still chewy and delicious!!! Now the problem is how to stop eating them!
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal or almond flour
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking chocolate powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. It will have the consistency of very thick paste. Place a tablespoon of mixture on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Cool in pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Makes 20 cookies.
Notes: I don’t know how long you can store them. I ate mine before I can even keep them in an airtight container for a day.