UBE MACAPUNO CHEESECAKE WITH SLICED MANGO TOPPING
We’re having a party today so I’ll just share the recipe for the ube cheesecake with slices of mangoes. I was hoping to get a shot of the slice of the cheesecake but I was too late….my guests had dessert before dinner!!!! Enjoy!
Look! Somebody saved a slice for me…Yehey!!
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 3 boxes cream cheese
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 jar ube jam (12 oz)
- 1 jar (12 oz) macapuno preserve (reserve 2 tbs for garnish)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 strawberry for garnish
- In a bowl, mix graham crackers and butter. Transfer to 9-inch cheesecake pan and press crumbs to bottom. Bake at 350F for 12 minutes. Let cool in a rack.
- In electric mixer, mix cream cheese and ube jam until creamy. Add vanilla extract and macapuno and continue mixing.
- One at a time, add egg, mixing only until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Place pan in a larger baking pan filled halfway with hot water. Bake in 350F oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until sides of cheesecake is firm but center is still “jiggly”.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2 hours. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, remove cheesecake from pan onto a serving platter. Spread 2 tbs of macapuno on top.
- Slice mango and strawberry and arrange on top for garnish.