- 1 cup soy flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 6 tbs butter, melted
- 2 tbs lemon zest
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 12 regular sized muffin pans or line with muffin liner. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix soy flour, almond flour, baking powder, sugar substitute and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, cheese and melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until just about moistened. Do not overmix or muffin will be dense.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pans. Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until light brown and springy to the touch. Insert toothpick at center of muffin to test for doneness (toothpick must come out clean).
- When done, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
I made mini-muffins and the recipe yielded at least 24 minis.