SWEET POTATO FRIES – OVEN BAKED
Sweet potato is another favorite at our house. Nikita loves them mashed and mixed with her vegetables. My husband likes them oven-baked. I like them deep fried.
I got so busy with class, party and daring bakers, I forgot about LaPis So for this late Lasang Pinoy Sundays entry, I made STRIPS of sweet potato (kamote) fries. I sprinkled these with chili powder before baking them in the oven. They don’t really get sort of crunchy when baked (that’s why I like them fried!). They come out a little soft. They are also great with parmesan cheese or cinnamon sugar.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 egg white, beaten until foamy
- 1 tbs chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix egg white and strips of sweet potato. Drain in colander for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle chili powder then place in parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until strips are browned and slightly crunchy.