One of the strudels I made from the May Daring Bakers Challenge which immediately became our new favorite dessert! I will be trying to make this with store-bought phyllo pastry dough and will post later. In the meantime, below is the recipe using the strudel dough from DB May Challenge.
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- strudel dough
- Mix the mangoes and sugar (if desired) in a bowl. Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 400°F . Line a large baking sheet with baking paper (parchment paper).
- Roll out strudel dough. Brush with melted butter. Spread mango mixture and then sprinkle with almonds.
- Fold the short end of the dough onto the filling. Transfer the strudel to the prepared baking sheet by lifting it. Curve it into a horseshoe to fit. Tuck the ends under the strudel. Brush the top with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake the strudel for about 30 minutes or until it is deep golden brown. Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Use a serrated knife and serve either warm or at room temperature. It is best on the day it is baked.