- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 125ml water
- 500g bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 1 yellow onion, chopped and browned in a pan
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix softened cream cheese with cooked chopped onions and set aside.
- Dissolve yeast in 2 tbs water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, dill and whisk well. Add onion-cheese mixture, egg, oil, yeast, and water. Mix on low speed (using paddle) until it forms a ball. Add more water a tablespoon at a time if dry.
- Switch to dough hook and knead dough until soft and elastic, about 10 minutes. Form into a ball and place into an oiled bowl. Cover with cling wrap and let rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down, cover and let rest for another 10 minutes. Shape dough into smaller balls, about 3 inches. Place in a round baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and let rise a second time until double, about 45 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350F oven for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the bread out onto a wire rack to cool.