Crusty. That’s the theme for this week’s Lasang Pinoy Sundays. I thought a crusty bread would be perfect. A crusty baguette, a sourdough boule. And soft, creamy cheese on the side. But the weather was so perfect for outdoor grilling. And husband was not interested in crusty bread and cheese for lunch. He wants fish. So here’s the Herb Crusted Catfish we had for lunch the other day. A few snips of herbs, a cup of panko breadcrumbs and some spices…hmmm….a perfect dish with a side of coleslaw!
Herb Crusted Catfish
- 1 piece catfish fillet
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 stems of chives, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients (except catfish fillet) in a bowl.
- Apply on top of catfish fillet, patting firmly.
- Grill on medium heat for 15 minutes, with grill cover closed. Alternatively, you can bake the fish in 350F oven for 20 minutes until flaky and top is brown and crusty.
- Serve hot with salad or rice.