I’ve started cleaning my refrigerator in preparation for our party next weekend. Which means whatever is in the shelves, need to be eaten, cooked or dumped. Because I start preparing and cooking 3 days prior to the party date, I need all the storage shelves in my refrigerator and freezer. I found some cooked salmon that needed to be either dumped or reincarnated into something else. Here’s what became of it after a quick look at my pantry and herb garden. This recipe was partly adapted from the post at David Lebowitz’s blog.
This is perfect for a sandwich snack tomorrow!
- 350 grams cooked salmon, shredded and bones removed
- 75 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbs capers
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash together with a fork the butter and the olive oil until very smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, seasoning with salt if necessary.
- Transfer into a serving dish, cover, and chill for at least two hours. Let come to room temperature before serving.