I had a craving for churros this morning after a quick trip to Costco and saw the yummilicious churros they had. I should have just bought one and enjoyed it there but the line was too long I decided to go back home and make my own. I used soy flour and added cinnamon to the sugar topping. Nope. I didn’t make chocolate for the dip. Just enjoyed the cinnamon churros with my espresso….hmmmm.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup soy flour (or all purpose flour to make regular churros)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- oil for frying
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbs cinnamon powder
- In a saucepan, boil water, butter and salt into a rolling boil. Add flour and stir until it forms a ball.
- Remove from heat. Add eggs and continue stirring until well mixed.
- Heat oil to 360F. Using a pastry bag with 1/2 inch opening (use whatever end you want),pipe dough/batter into the oil, about 4 inches long. Cook until brown on both sides, approx 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a plate. Roll each churros in sugar mixture.
- Serve with coffee or tea.