The other day, Costco had a Seafood Roadshow showcasing different shellfish at special prices. One of the dishes I tasted was this flavored cooked tiger shrimp. It was delicious and I couldn’t wait to get home to experiment to see if I can duplicate the flavor. Here is the result:
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbs crushed chili pepper
- 2 tbs agave nectar or honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- bamboo skewers
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and marinate for at least one hour.
- Place 4 shrimps in a skewer and grill on medium heat until pink. Do not overcook as shrimp will be dry and tough.
- Serve with salad or rice.