Another one for the dessert table on Saturday’s party. Using a mini cheesecake pan, this recipe uses only one box of cream cheese to yield these 12 mini delights! A simple nut crust completes this dessert.
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 box (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp instant espresso granules dissolved in1 tsp water
- Prepare crust by combining all ingredients and pressing 1 tsp of the mixture in each mini mold. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare filling. Using an electric mixer, combine sugar and cream cheese until creamy. Add espresso mix, vanilla and egg and continue mixing until combined. Scrape side and bottom of mixer and mix for another few seconds.
- Pour filling equally in each prepared crust/mold, filling about 2/3 full. Tap pan gently to level each filling.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until top is set. Remove from oven and cool pan in wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove each cheesecake and cool in rack. Chill for at least 6 hours before serving.
Notes: You can garnish each mini cheesecake with fresh berries or shaved chocolate.