A great way to use up leftover beef! In my case, a doggie bag steak from the restaurant!
- 8 oz wide rice noodles
- 250 g beef, sliced thinly (leftovers work great!)
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs sugar
- 5 thai bird chillis, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 bell pepper sliced thinly
- Soak rice noodles as directed. Set aside.
- In a wok or saute pan on medium heat, add 2 tbs vegetable oil and sautee garlic, onion and chillies for 2 minutes. Add beef and stir fry for a minute or two. Add fish sauce, basil leaves and bell pepper. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In same pan, add the rest of the vegetable oil. Add drained rice noodles and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add beef mixture, sugar and soy sauce. Add more fish sauce to taste if required. Stir and cook for 3 – 5 minutes until well combined. Serve warm.