Spicy Fried Rice Noodles with Beef

beefnoodles1

A great way to use up leftover beef! In my case, a doggie bag steak from the restaurant!

• 8 oz wide rice noodles
  • 250 g beef, sliced thinly (leftovers work great!)
  • 2 tbs fish sauce
  • 2 tbs soy sauce
  • 1 tbs sugar
  • 5 thai bird chillis, minced
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • a handful of fresh basil leaves
  • 1 cup bean sprouts
  • 1 bell pepper sliced thinly

beefnoodlese3

1. Soak rice noodles as directed. Set aside.
  2. In a wok or saute pan on medium heat, add 2 tbs vegetable oil and sautee garlic, onion and chillies for 2 minutes. Add beef and stir fry for a minute or two.  Add fish sauce, basil leaves and bell pepper. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
  3. In same pan, add the rest of the vegetable oil.  Add drained rice noodles and stir fry for 3 minutes.  Add beef mixture, sugar and soy sauce.  Add more fish sauce to taste if required. Stir and cook for 3 – 5 minutes until well combined.  Serve warm.

» Tangled Noodle said: { Oct 22, 2009 - 05:10 }

Leftovers? This looks better than anything I’ve ordered in a restaurant! By the way, I bought some Thai bird chilies because they’re often called for in Filipino recipes I have, but I got scared off about how hot they are supposed to be. Are they really that spicy? For reference, jalapeños are about as hot as I can handle! 8-)

» 8michael888 said: { Oct 22, 2009 - 05:10 }

Your pictures are so appetizing! It’s getting better and better when you can smell and taste the food through your shots! Bravo!

» virtual chef said: { Oct 22, 2009 - 06:10 }

TN: I would think that one thai chili would be enough if you cannot tolerate spicy stuff. you can always add more as a side…:)

8michael888: thanks!

» Cookin' Canuck said: { Oct 22, 2009 - 07:10 }

Now that is a great way to use up leftovers! Great combination of flavors and I’d imagine those bird chilis would light a fire in any dish.

» penny aka jeroxie said: { Oct 22, 2009 - 11:10 }

These stir fry dishes are great especially on a buys work week. Nice, simple and delicious. I like to add chinese bok choy with mine.

» The Pink Blog said: { Oct 23, 2009 - 12:10 }

Sarap nito! Hayyy.. I wish I’m near you!

» DINING WITH BATALI said: { Oct 23, 2009 - 05:10 }

OH NO!!! This dish makes me crave for noodles again!!!….Looks so delissshhhhhh!

» Alta said: { Oct 23, 2009 - 07:10 }

Wow, this looks awesome! Leftovers, schmeftovers, this looks like it was better than the original dish!

» The Duo Dishes said: { Oct 23, 2009 - 05:10 }

It is so possible to do restaurant fare at home! And so much cheaper. This looks better than what you’d order out, that’s for sure.

» jeannie tay said: { Oct 24, 2009 - 10:10 }

I love fried noodles but hate frying it….always stick to my wok. short of using non-stick frying pan of course but i do not own one that is big enough for frying noodles for 3-4 persons.

» Squeaky Gourmet said: { Nov 2, 2009 - 04:11 }

I think this looks mouth watering and not at all like “left overs”
BUZZ!