Cooked simply in spanish olive oil, garlic and chopped chili, this shrimp tapas dish is excellent served with crusty bread. You can use shrimps with shell on (without heads) or cook it with peeled shrimp.
- 500 g raw jumbo shrimp, cleaned and peeled with tail on
- 2 small red chili (thai or bird chili is best)
- 6 tbs spanish olive oil
- 2-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped (this depends on how much you love or hate garlic! but use at least 2 cloves)
- pinch of paprika
- Heat olive oil in sautee pan in medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds (do not brown).
- Add shrimp, chili, paprika and salt. Cook for 2 -3 minutes, stirring, until shrimp is pink and start to curl.
- Serve in the cooking dish or a sizzling plate, with slices or crusty bread to mop up the aromatic oil.