As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received a few days ago Bertolli’s two new sauces to try: the Four Cheese Rosa and Arrabiata. It came in this beautiful presentation box with 4 wonderful recipes for each bottle. I couldn’t decide which of the recipes to try first. Since my family is partial to creamy sauces, we decided on the Four Cheese Rosa first. I tweaked one of the recipes from the box and made cod fish fillet with a spinach and pine nuts filling and baked in the Four Cheese Rosa sauce.
Spinach Stuffed Cod in Rosa Sauce
- 2 pieces large cod fillet
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar 15 oz Bertolli’s Four Cheese Rosa sauce
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/3 cup milk or cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or any quick-melting cheese for topping
- Heat oil in saute pan and cook onions until translucent. Add chopped spinach and pine nuts and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add half of the Bertolli Four Cheese Rosa Sauce and turn heat down to low. Add salt, pepper and ground nutmeg. Cook for another 3 minutes and then let cool a little bit. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place half of the spinach filling at the end of each fillet and roll to tuck in. Place both fillets in a baking dish, pour the remaining sauce and add milk or water if sauce is too thick. Sprinkle the top with grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until top is bubbly. Serve warm.
We can’t wait to try one of the other recipes for the Arrabiata sauce so tune in!