Another one of the recipes I prepared for my February Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24 Picnic on the Piste which is a mediterranean mezze on the slopes of Heavenly Ski Resort. Perfect to bring in a little plastic container and served with pita bread or flat bread. This refreshing dip can also be served as a salad.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed into a paste with a pinch of salt
- 1 cup greek yogurt or plain yogurt
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs dried mint
- juice of one small lemon
- 1 small English cucumber (thin-skinned), if using regular cucumbers, you can peel
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to garnish
- In a glass bowl, combine garlic paste, yogurt, mint, olive oil, some of the lemon juice (you can add more later), salt and pepper. Cover and let infuse at room temperature.
- To prepare the cucumber, coarsely grate with skin on (if using ones with thick skin, peel first) and then squeeze out excess moisture. Add cucumber to the yogurt mixture and adjust taste with lemon juice, salt or pepper. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper on top and serve with warm pita bread.